The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will be responsible for the development of GFI’s web properties. The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for:
- Supporting development needs for a variety of projects to maintain, enhance, and expand GFI’s web properties.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Developing front end website architecture and back end website applications, server-side code, and databases.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Participating in the full software development lifecycle with requirements, solution design, development, QA, and implementation.
- Integrating data from back-end services and databases.
- Collaborating with graphic designers and external web developers to ensure the coordination of features, functionality, and content of GFI’s web properties.
- Troubleshooting potential problems with GFI’s web properties.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices.
- Maintaining an understanding of security principles and how they apply to website-related applications.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We're Looking For
The Full Stack Developer must have:
- An associate’s degree or higher; a specific degree in computer science, web development, or a related field is preferred.
- At least 2-4 years of web development or web programming experience and relational database design experience using Oracle or MySQL.
- Thorough knowledge of WordPress themes and plugins.
- A strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, and standards.
- Experience with back-end languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, or Java; PHP is preferred.
- Familiarity with APIs.
- A strong understanding of web applications, security, session management, and best development practices.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization.
- The ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Familiarity with JQuery.
- Experience with Salesforce and Pardot integrations.
- Familiarity with Airtable and its APIs.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
Application Deadline: December 2, 2019
Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Charles Christiansen, IT & Data Manager
Location: Remote; United States
Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Want to Apply directly?